My Nightly Skincare Routine [Winter '15-'16]

Sunday, January 10, 2016


Hey guys! I've always loved to check out different people's skincare routines so I thought I'd share mine. In general, I have combination skin that leans towards oily. However, my skin can get dehydrated pretty easily if I don't take care of it so I have to make sure I am well-hydrated. Please note that this is my current nightly skin routine for the wintertime!

#1 Oil Cleanser


The first step of my nightly routine involves an oil cleanser in order to allow dirt, sebum, and pollution to be lifted up and out of my pores. I personally like using an oil cleanser before a second cleanser in order to remove makeup as well as to make sure my skin does not dry out throughout the rest of the cleansing process. I am currently using the Kose Softymo Deep Cleansing Oil that I purchased on Amazon.
I use one full pump (if I'm wearing makeup or sunscreen, I use two pumps), rub it between my two hands, and massage it onto my face for a couple minutes. Afterwards, I wet my hands with water and massage my face once again in order to emulsify the oil, making it turn into a milky white color. Finally, I rinse it off with warm water.

#2 Second Cleanser


Next, I use a foam cleanser to make sure I really cleanse my skin of the grossness that the oil cleanser did not get. Because the oil cleanser is pretty gentle, I want to use this to double cleanse. I am currently using the Kose Softymo Hyaluronic Acid Washing Foam that I picked up from my local Ranch 99 after realizing that I left my original foaming cleanser back at my apartment up at school. I originally bought it due to the cheap price but ended up loving it! Who knows, I probably may replace my Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam with this! You can also find it on Amazon for a pretty low price.
All I do is squeeze a very small amount, probably a bit less than a pea-size amount, onto my hands and lather to make a good amount of foam. I massage this onto my face and rinse with cold water. It does not dry out my skin, yet makes my skin feel super clean and smooth!

#3 Toner


For this step, I use a pH adjusting toner in order to remove the excess dirt that the cleansers have missed, close up my pores, prevent blackheads and whiteheads, and of course, adjust the pH of my skin to its natural levels while hydrating my skin. I am currently loving the CosRx AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner that I purchased from Jolse
I spray this toner onto a cotton pad and gently swipe it all over my face. I spray it again onto the back of the used cotton pad and pat it in the areas where I have pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, and blemishes.

#3 Essence


After making sure that my toner has fully absorbed into my skin, I apply an essence to lightly hydrate my skin and also to focus on managing certain skin troubles I may be having. I have been using the Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence that I have also purchased from Jolse. I love this so much, that I am on my second bottle already!
I pump out a small amount, rub it between my palms and pat it all over my skin. I've actually noticed great results from this, as my acne scars and blemishes have lightened after using this product for a while!

#4 Serum


Again, I allow the essence to soak in all the way before going onto the next step. Because the current serum I am using is thicker than the essence, I apply this after my essence. I currently use the It's Skin Power 10 Formula VC Effector which I believe I have purchased on Style Korean. This line has a total of 12 different types that aim towards managing different skin troubles. I've heard wonders about the Li version, which has licorice root in it.
I apply enough drops to cover my entire face, which is not a lot as it is very spreadable. A little goes a very long way with this product. After spreading it all over, I gently pat it into my skin so it fully absorbs. This product contains vitamin C derivatives which fades blemishes and moisturizes my skin.

#5 Moisturizer


After serum, I apply a light moisturizer over my skin to hydrate my skin and give it that glow. I am currently on my second jar of the Mizon All in One Snail Repair Cream that I purchased from Jolse. This is probably one of my holy grails of skincare. It moisturizes my skin so it feels and looks dewy and bouncy without making me oily or sticky! Oh the wonders of snail mucus :~)

#6 Eye Cream


Because my eye cream is slightly thicker than my moisturizer, I apply this afterwards. I am actually using an eye cream from the same line as the Mizon All in One Snail Repair Cream. It's called the Mizon Snail Repair Eye Cream and I purchased this through Jolse (I think I'm pretty much in a committed relationship with this website). It comes in both a small tube as well as a larger jar, but I'm currently using the product in the tube form because I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not. It is also more hygenic as I don't have to dip my finger in the jar every time I have to apply it.
I squeeze a small drop for each eye, and gently pat it under my eyes. I noticed that my eyebags have decreased significantly and has become bouncy instead of dry!

#7 Cream


I apply the thickest moisturizer as the last step of my routine (besides for sleeping packs). Because it is winter, I have to make sure my skin is super moisturized throughout the night! The one I am currently using and loving is the Ladykin Vanpir Dark Repair Cream purchased from Yesstyle after hearing nothing but positive reviews. It has a bit of a fragance but it quickly disappears before you know it. After applying this cream, it makes my skin feel as soft as a baby's butt :~).

#8 Sleeping Pack

Sometimes, I apply a sleeping pack after my entire routine to allow my skin to be even more hydrated throughout the night, going into the morning. I didn't take any pictures of the ones I use as I have quite a lot of different ones, not including sleeping packs, but special treatment products ranging from sheet masks  to wash-off masks. I will probably make a separate post all about these fun little guys!



Thanks for reading :~) Happy 2016, everybody!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hello! I loved to check out other people's skincare routines too hehe. I want to know about mizon snail cream. Does it really absorbed into your skin? I think you know there's a type of cream that tend to just 'sit' on top of our skin and I hate that feeling 😆

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thanks for checking out my blog! :~)
      Yes, for me, it definitely sinks into my skin and fairly quickly too! But I notice it does this most successfully when my skin is exfoliated! I hate that feeling too!

      Delete

Popular Posts

Subscribe